Excellence in Precision Tooling and Engineering
At P. Tool & Die Company, Inc., excellence defines our company and has remained our guiding principle throughout our 55-year history. We proudly provide complete precision machining services to our customers in the automotive, electrical, aerospace, medical and automation fields.
Our half-century of experience is a priceless component that ranks us among the tool and die industry’s leaders in embracing new technology, providing innovative products, and engineering production and manufacturing solutions for our customers.
Achieving and providing excellence will remain our company mission and the constant goal of every P. Tool & Die employee.
.0002” Precision Machining
P. Tool & Die is a customer-partner in producing and providing extreme precision tooling for tolerances down to .0002”. This makes us ideal for technological industries including aerospace, satellite, communication, medical and automotive.
We are in the upper echelon of companies providing this very specialized capability.
.0002” precision is the result of several critical factors that include the skills of our veteran tool makers; quality of our equipment and software; knowledgeable and experienced management — all operating within a workplace culture that exemplifies excellence.
From our fully-equipped 18,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility located in the Finger Lakes Region of Central New York, we are able to deliver complete precision machining services, including:
- Close Tolerance, Make-to-Print Parts
- CNC Vertical Mill Machining (84” x 32” x 30” Capacity)
- 5-Axis Machining
- Wire EDM
- Turned Parts (CNC and Engine Lathe)
- Precision Grinding
- Low-Volume Production
- Inspection and Quality Control
Expert Design and Manufacturing Consultation
Need to create or test a prototype? Design or build a part? Re-design a piece to increase functionality or efficiency? P. Tool & Die has the experience, expertise and equipment necessary to provide you with solutions. Simply give us your specs — anything from a doodle on a piece of paper to a CAD data transfer. Our skilled engineers will work with you to develop and deliver innovative manufacturing solutions; material selection and process recommendations; cost reduction analyses; and detailed plans to ensure accuracy and functionality according to specifications.
P. Tool & Die takes pride in offering a full range of engineering, machining and tooling services for our customers. We are one of very few tool and die companies that offer customer engineering and tooling services for every step of the machining project journey. We design, engineer, build and run. For any single process or an end-to-end solution, we will meet your needs.
Quality Tool and Die Capabilities
Our skilled craftsmen utilize advanced CAD modeling software and state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment to design, develop, produce and inspect innovative, high caliber tooling solutions for our customers. Our equipment runs the gamut from 5-axis vertical mills; large vertical CNC machining centers; large capacity wire EDM; grinders; and CNC lathes and inspection systems. P. Tool’s investment in our employees, equipment and facility, coupled with our commitment to excellence has enabled us to become a leader in one of the most technologically advanced industries of the 21st century.
Complete Stamping Services
P. Tool & Die also provides complete stamping services. The capability to stamp thin-gauge (.002” up to .250”) metals is another example of our excellence and expertise. Our presses range from 27-ton to 150-ton with air cushion included. Common materials include:
- Copper Alloys
- Stainless Steel
To ensure a value-added end-to-end solution, we are aligned with secondary operations such as deburring, heat treating, tapping, plating and more.
From design to shipping, we track and monitor each project, reviewing engineering documents, sampling production parts and carefully inspecting and validating final products. Our thorough manufacturing processes allow us to turn your potential into profits.
SHORT AND LONG RUN CNC PRODUCTION + DESIGN AND BUILD
PROGRESSIVE DIES PROTOTYPE AND DETAIL WORK + PRECISION
STAMPING + COMPONENT REPAIR
(7) Master-Cam Station
(1) AutoCAD Stations
(1) Solid Works Stations
(1) HP Design Jet Plotter
CAD DATA TRANSFER VIA:
TOOL ROOM EQUIPMENT
(1) Mitsubishi MV1200R Wire EDM 2015
(1) Mitsubishi MV2400S Wire EDM (15″ x 23″ x 16″ tall) 2013
(1) Mitsubishi FA10 Wire EDM with AWT (12″ x 10″)
(1) Mitsubishi FX20K Wire EDM with AWT (20″ x 12″)
(1) Current MT30S EDM Drill (.008″ – .250″) CNC
(1) Mitsubishi EA12 Sinker EDM 2000
(1) Mazak 200-II MY Turning Center (with Live Tooling) 2010
(1) HAAS SL-30 CNC Turning Center (17″ x 34″)
(1) Clausing Colchester Lathe #8043 (15″ x 48″) 2008
(2) Clausing Colchester Lathes (13″ & 15″ x 36″)
(1) HAAS VF-7 CNC Machining Center (84″ x 32″ x 30″) 2007
(1) HAAS VF-7 TR310 with 5-Axis Trunion 2013
(1) HAAS VF-4 CNC Machining Center (50″ x 20″ x 25″)
(1) HAAS VF-2 CNC Machining Center (32″ x 16″ x 20″)
(2) HAAS VF-1 CNC Machining Center (24″ x 12″ x 20″) 2011
(1) HAAS Toolroom Mill (30″ x 12″ x 20″)
(2) Jig Borers with Jig Grind Attachments (24″ x 16″)
(2) Bridgeport Proto-TRAK Mills (24″ x 12″)
(2) DPM3 Bed Mills
(4) Alliant Mills with DRO (24″ x 12″)
(1) Okamato Wet Grinder (24″ x 16″)
(1) Okamato Wet Grinder (32″ x 16″)
(6) Surface Grinders (12″ x 6″)
(1) Surface Grinders (18” x 8″)
(1) Cylindrical Grinder (12″ x 4.5″)
(1) Cylindrical Grinder (18″ x 10″)
(1) Radial Arm Drill Press (48″ x 24″)
(2) Conventional Drill Presses
(2) Band Saws
(1) Hyd. Mech S20 Cut-off Saw
(1) Miller Syncrowave 300 TIG Welder
(1) Moore No. 3 Jig Grinder
(2) Mazak Nexus 530-C-II Vertical Mill (51″ x 21″ x 22″) 2014 & 2016
PRESS ROOM EQUIPMENT
(1) 165-Ton Komatsu Press (82″ x 30″ Bolster) with Nitrogen Cushion, PA Servo Feed and Smart Pac
(1) 100-Ton Minster Straight Side Press (48″ x 30″ Bolster) with PA Servo Feed and Smart Pac
(1) 60-Ton Minster O.B.I. with Roll Feed, Nitrogen Cushion and Smart Pac
(1) 27-Ton L & J High Volume Variable Speed Press
(1) Sweco 3 cu. ft. Vibratory Bowl Finisher
(1) Wysong Automatic Shear
(6) Rapid Air Automatic Stock Feeders
(4) Coil Reels (200# – 2500#)
(2) Stock Straighteners (.010″ – .125″ thick; 1″- 8″ width)
(1) P/A Auto Scrap Choppers
(1) Sprint MVP 200-300 Vision System 2018
(1) Renishaw Ball Bar Tester 2017
(1) Browne & Sharpe XCEL CMM (40″ x 25″ x 25″)
(1) Mitutoyo Optical Comparator 14″ (10x, 20x, and 50x) 2008
(1) Covel Optical Comparator 14″
(7) 12″ Cadillac Height Gauges
(1) Wilson Hardness Tester
(4) Large Surface Plates (60″ x 36″)
(1) Micrometers (0″ – 12″)
(2) Pin Gauges (.010″ – 1.000″)
(6) Gauge Block Sets
(1) Laser Engraver SIC Marking L-Box 2016
(15) Small Surface Plates (18″ x 12″)
If you are searching for an experienced tool and die partner with the equipment, processes and people to provide the quality machining services that your project demands, call P. Tool & Die at 585-889-1340 today to speak with one of our project managers.